HOME Nearby Attraction English
- Cheonggyecheon Stream Until it was restored in 2005, Cheonggyecheon Stream existed only as a neglected watercourse hidden by an overpass. Today, it has been transformed into a haven of natural beauty amidst the bustle of city life.
- Gyeongbokgung Palace Built in 1395, Gyeongbokgung Palace is also commonly referred to as the “Northern Palace” because it is the furthest north when compared to the neighboring palaces of Changdeokgung (Eastern Palace) and Gyeongheegung (Western Palace).
- Changdeokgung Palace and Huwon Changdeokgung Palace was the second royal villa built following the construction of Gyeongbukgung Palace in 1405. It was the principal palace for many of the Joseon kings and is the most well-preserved of the five remaining royal Joseon palaces.
- Changgyeonggung Palace Located in the heart of Seoul, Changgyeonggung Palace was first built by the 4th ruler of the Joseon Dynasty, King Sejong (r.1418-1450), for his retiring father, King Taejong. It often served as residential quarters for queens and concubines.
- Insa-dong As one of the largest markets in Asia, Dongdaemun Shopping Complex boasts huge accessory shops. Most of the handmade accessories in Korea are distributed here. Colorful accessories with unique designs are available at inexpensive prices.
- Dongdaemun Shopping Complex As one of the largest markets in Asia, Dongdaemun Shopping Complex boasts huge accessory shops. Most of the handmade accessories in Korea are distributed here. Colorful accessories with unique designs are available at inexpensive prices.
- Namdaemun Market Opened in 1964, the Namdaemun Market is the largest traditional market in Korea with various goods in store. All products are sold at affordable prices and the stores in this area also function as a wholesale markets.
- Myeongdong Myeongdong (명동) is one of the primary shopping districts in Seoul. The two main drags meet in the center of the block with one beginning from Myeongdong Subway Station (Seoul Subway Line No. 4) and the other from Lotte Department Store at Euljiro.